The Vertex Art Installation Summons
Congratulations to Mike Buckley and the Truncated Octahedron! See you at Vertex!Click here to learn more about Mike's work!
Vertex is a place for all the arts, from the melodious to the machined. Our Art Installation Summons aims to integrate diverse projects of the second variety. If you are an artist looking to expand the creative horizons of an artistic vision, or for an existing piece, please read on.
The inaugural festival will feature several special areas of artistic discovery, in which a variety of interactive and unique installations will be displayed. The Vertex art team is currently seeking pieces for those areas. In order to qualify, the work you have in mind must be weather-proof, people-proof, and of high creative quality.
All pieces will be considered via the application below, including those that require rigging, digging, or heavy machinery.
Two Installation Teams will receive…
- A grant of up to $1000 toward the costs of building your installation
- Working credentials for a build team of up to five (5) people
- Meals provided for your team during your build and tear-down (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- A liaison for your team to assist with any production needs
- Power hookup for your installation if needed
- A footprint within the Vertex venue or campgrounds for your piece
Applications will be accepted April 13 – May 18, 2016 at 11:59pm MT. Installations will be selected and announced in June of 2016.
Selected Installations may be required to arrive to the festival site as early as Sunday July 31, and must stay on site until Monday August 8, or until their piece is completely broken down and their area cleared.
Judged by: The Festival Art Directors
Judgement method: By reviewing and ranking proposals
- 30% Art
- 30% Appropriateness for event
- 20% Ease of execution on site / plan
- 20% Interactivity
- The submission process is private. Vertex will share only the final projects once they have been selected and confirmed.
- The onsite commitment is from July 31 through Aug 8, 2016 (or until your installation site is completely clean and clear of all debris post-event). Please only apply if this onsite commitment is not a problem for your entire team.
- You must provide your own transport to and from the event.
- The art piece may not feature fire, pyrotechnics, food or beverages, drug references, or any dangerous aspects.
- If installation is structural in nature, please budget for review by an engineer that you source locally (proof of structural integrity will be required).
- Please ensure that your team will be professional and committed to meeting all requirements.
- Installation timeline and protocols for delivering materials to the site will need to be in strict compliance with the Festival Site Operations Department festival-wide installation timeline. Failure to comply will be cause for early dismissal, forfeiture of the opportunity to showcase the installation, and forfeiture of your funding.